What's Your Playlist?

I know several writers who listen to a specific playlist from the start of a project all the way through edits. I don't do that. My writing process requires different types of music for different areas: when I'm drafting, it's light classical or jazz. No Muzak and no instrumentals of popular songs because I'll wind up singing and not writing.

Once the draft is in the can and I'm on to edits, my playlist comes into play, and it will have a little bit of everything from pop and rock to country and even some oldies thrown in for good measure. While I'm editing, the songs on  my playlist will help me remember the mood of a scene or the crux of my hero's or heroine's problem...or the song will remind me of the book in general.

Here's a sampling of the playlist behind my first Harlequin SuperRomance, The Daughter He Wanted:

(Kissed You) Goodnight by Gloriana
Love Somebody by Maroon 5
Sing Together by Train
A Life That's Good by The Cast of Nashville
Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
Friday Night by Lady Antebellum
I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes by Dierks Bentley

Book Blurb:

The Daddy Surprise 

Since the loss of his wife, Alex Ryan has been living a half-life. But with one phone call, Alex discovers he's the biological father of a four-year-old girl…and everything changes.


Single mom Paige Kenner preferred to have a family without the man. Now suddenly there's Alex, who desperately wants to be a father to her little girl. A gorgeous, kind and committed father. Letting a stranger into their lives is far too dangerous—especially if his presence stirs a part of Paige that she longs to forget…

Buy The Daughter He Wanted:  Amazon  B&N  iBooks

Comments

Popular Posts